Address: 3666 N. Peoria
Tulsa, OK 74106
Phone: (918) 430-2300
Fax: (918) 428-5613
Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday
Available programs include:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly Food Stamp Program — helps pay for food
- ChildCare—helps pay for care for your child so you can work or go to school
- SoonerCare (Medicaid) — helps pay for medical costs, prescriptions, or pregnancy-related services
- SoonerCare (Medicaid) — helps pay Medicare premiums for people receiving Social Security benefits
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) — helps low income families with children support themselves by providing temporary cash and services
- TANF Diversion Assistance — short-term assistance instead of TANF for help in retaining or obtaining employment
- State Supplemental Payment (SSP) — gives a small cash payment to elderly, blind, or disabled people
- Family Planning Services — helps pay for birth control and family planning services
To apply for any of the above services fill out the Request for Benefits form and return to the DHS office listed above or your local office. The local county worker will schedule an appointment for a face-to-face interview.
The following information may be needed to process the application:
- Identification card showing your name;
- Proof of your address;
- Social security numbers for everyone in your household (Providing SSNs is voluntary. However, you may receive food stamp benefits only for those people who give us a SSN or supply proof that they have applied for a SSN.);
- Proof of the amount of money you or anyone in your household has in any bank account;
- Proof of all of your household’s income;
- Proof of legal alien status for anyone who is not a U.S. citizen; and
- Medical bills for anyone who is age 60 or older or who receives a disability check based on a full disability.
Request for Benefits form - Formerly known as PS-1, this document is used by OKDHS clients of the Family Support Services Division to file a request for benefits and services. This request form must be completed, signed and mailed or taken to the Human Services Center nearest you.
SoonerCare Health Benefits Application - This form is used as an application for children, adults with children, or pregnant women who only want to apply for help with medical bills. This application form must be completed, signed and mailed or taken to the Human Services Center nearest you.
Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Application - Formerly known as LIHEAP-1-B, this document is used clients to file a request for help to pay energy bills including electricity, natural gas, propane, butane, firewood, coal, oil or kerosene. This application form must be completed, signed and mailed or taken to the Human Services Center nearest you.
This page has the following sub pages.